Process Engineer (Die preparation: Wafer Dicing, Picking)
FlipChip International, LLC (FCI) in Phoenix, AZ, is a global leader in technology and a merchant supplier of advanced Wafer Level Packaging solutions and Wafer Back-end services. FCI offers a wide range of leading edge technologies and services for flip chip wafer bumping.
FCI is seeking a Process Engineer to work as a hands-on member of the Process Engineering team with experience in the die preparation areas, including wafer dicing and picking related processes to achieve high yield and on-time delivery for FlipChip and WLCSP applications. The main responsibilities include process development and optimization using characterization testing, DOEs, process controls and monitoring for maintaining and ensuring continuous improvement of the process. The position will work with other Engineers, Manufacturing Operations, Quality, and Customer Service to ensure a smooth and continuous flow of production material through the factory.
Primary Working Relationships:
Other Process Engineers
Manufacturing Operations, Product Engineers, Quality, and Technicians in both the Engineering and Operations organizations
1. Responsible for wafer mounting, dicing, and pick to tape/tray and other related processes.
2. Drive technology, capability improvements and cost reductions in these back-end related operations.
3. Work with the Engineering Manager and Operations Management to define engineering priorities and drive those priorities
4. Work with strategic material and equipment suppliers in selecting, evaluating and deploying new processes and materials including dicing, picking equipment, dicing tape, carrier tape and other consumable materials used in back-end operations.
5. Work with Equipment Engineering to ensure that all critical tool parameters are defined and are being met by regularly scheduled maintenance.
6. Evaluation and selection of process equipment required for expansion of back-end operation.
7. Work with engineering staff to write new process specifications and keep existing specifications current.
8. Help drive a full turn-key wafer bumping and back-end focus at FCI.
9. Work as a team player of the Process Engineering team providing expertise and support in other areas of wafer processing.
10. Present technical results obtained by presentation and in writing to FCI personnel including senior management.
11. Capable of effectively communicating with customers and suppliers both verbally and in writing, creating and executing documented project plans with milestones, ensuring that all development and characterization work is documented.
12. Weekly reports, SPC monthly reports, and project updates must be completed on time as required.
Education: The preferred candidate will have an Engineering degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or other Bachelors (or higher) Science Degree.
Job Related Experience: 5+ years of hands-on process engineering experience in wafer dicing, wafer mounting, and/or pick to tape related back-end processing. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a high performance team in a semiconductor operation.
Physical Requirements: The process engineer must possess the ability to work for an extended period of time in a cleanroom setting with a desire to work in a very hands-on role.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Candidate must have demonstrable process and material evaluation experience and a clear understanding of overall process development. Knowledge of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design of Experiments methodologies is highly desirable. Candidate will be required to gain knowledge of FCI processes, process controls, material, and equipment functionality as well as FCI Quality Policies and Specifications. Knowledge of packaging and assembly requirements and practices is a plus, as well as industry reliability and performance requirements and standards. The successful candidate should have strong PC skills, including all Microsoft Office applications and the ability to use JMP software. The candidate must possess the ability to work effectively and independently and is expected to work under limited supervision. Mandarin language skills considered a plus.