FlipChip International: Die Sales Division
WAFER BACK-END SERVICES
Complimenting FlipChip International’s world class Wafer Bumping & WLCSP capabilities, our WAFER BACK-END SERVICES are provided under the rigorous quality standards of ISO9001 / TS16949. FCI is also ISO 14001 certified. Supporting AUTOMOTIVE, COMMERCIAL, CONSUMER, INDUSTRIAL, MEDICAL, and MIL/AERO markets, FCI is expert with bumped & non-bumped wafers: ASIC and ASSP, Microcontrollers, Linear and Logic, Precision and Standard Analog, Memory, Power Discrete, optical and image sensors, Low K wafers, and MEMS devices, among others. Capacity exceeds 5 MILLION DIE per WEEK! Contact us for information on how we can help you with all your wafer, back-end and IC needs.
WAFER THINNING: Mechanical Back-grinding of finished wafers (DAF)
- Meeting Total Thickness Variation (TTV) demands of various final target thicknesses
- Grit options available for different surface roughness requirements: Polygrind available
- Non-bumped & Bumped Wafers
WAFER BACKSIDE LAMINATE: Backside protective coating tapes and die attach films (DAF)
- Void-free application of various thickness materials to wafer backside
WAFER LASER MARKING: Backside marking of wafer and individual die
- Precise accuracy of identification marks with a variety of fonts and sizes
- Marking of Logos, and special symbols
- Excellent control of laser depth to maximize mark legibility and character recognition
WAFER DICING: Mechanical Sawing of finished wafers, substrates, and embedded die packages.
DISCO saws for 100mm, 150mm, 200mm & 300mm wafers; and laminate/flex panels.
- Silicon, SiGe, Ceramic, BSG, Glass, GaAs, InP, SiC, Silicon-on-sapphire, Germanium.
- Multi Project Wafers (MPW) or Zebra Masks are our specialty!
- Narrow streets? No problem!
Exceptional process capabilities minimize yield loss from scratches, cracks, and chip-outs.
- Standard low tack and UV releasable mounting tapes.
- Large Library of saw blades to accommodate various thickness-to-exposure ratios.
- Wafer cleanliness: Maintained with surfactant injected into the DI water system.
Electro Static Discharge (ESD) controls are rigidly maintained, audible and visual alarms.
- Bubblers inject CO2 into the DI water system.
- Anti-static ionized work stations utilized.
- Humidity-controlled work environment monitored and alarmed.
- Operator grounding required, ESD precautions and procedures trained & followed.
WAFER / DIE INSPECTION: High Volume 100% Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI).
- August NSX80 / NSX95PD optical inspection tools with electronic wafer map input and output.
- In-pocket TTVision AOI: Industry-leading inspection of devices loaded in carrier tape.
- World class defect sensitivity for Commercial, MIL-STD-883, & customer-specific criteria.
WAFER / DIE TRANSFER & PACK: Pick & Place (P&P) automated transfer equipment.
- Muhlbauer and Laurier/Datacon High Speed Pick tools, with Die Inversion capability.
- Precision pack of fragile die/sawn wafers. Die sort using wafer maps and/or ink dot recognition.
- Bare Die Placement into Carrier Tape & Reel, or Bare Die Waffle Trays / Waffle Packs:
- Extensive inventory of various open-tooled Carrier Tape pocket sizes.
- Extensive inventory of various open-tooled Bare Die Tray / Waffle Pack pocket sizes.
- Black Conductive, Static Dissipative, Anti-Static material composition.
- Pack options: Ship sawn / diced wafer on foil, wafer on ring frame & tape, film frame, or on expansion grip ring.
- Optional wafer re-construction for 100% KGD available on foil, ring frame, or expansion ring.